Tuesday, June 18, 2013

jaina's matryoshka party!

We did it! It was quite the weekend, but we successfully pulled off our first birthday party. It was a bigger-than-normal deal to me since I'm interested in planning parties for others. You know, for money. I wanted to do a good job and get a lot of killer pictures. Oh, and celebrate the anniversary of my daughter's birthday, of course. ; )

Well, we got LOTS of pictures, and I'm sure I'll be putting a lot of them up here. Enjoy the first round!







Thanks so much to everyone who helped out! We couldn't have done it without you.

I plan to do a breakdown of the decorations, treats, and activities. Stay tuned!


Vendor Credits

Party Styling: Kara of Kara’s Domestic Life
Photography: Faith Scheuerman
Cheesecakes: Carol Scheuerman
Linens: vintage
Fonts for invites and signs: Free Fonts for KevinandAmanda.com
Drink dispensers: Target
Stamps: Hero Arts from A.C. Moore
Candy melts and lollipop sticks: A.C. Moore
Kerchiefs, newsboy caps, patterned paper, cellophane bags: Hobby Lobby
Fabric for matryoshka outfit and invites: Joann Fabrics
Mason jars: Walmart
Matryoshka doll pattern: Sew Daily Shop on Interweave Store
Bubbles, plates, napkins: The Dollar Store


Click here for how I made Jaina's Matryoshka Costume.
And click on over here to read all about the decor.



5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love all of your vintage decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My grandma's vintage linens were my favorite part.

      Delete
  2. super-duper cute. love Jaina's face in that last photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it a riot? I love seeing her little personality coming out.

      Delete
  3. Using your cute idea of Russian doll cutout for our School wide festival with Russia as the theme!

    ReplyDelete