Sunday, March 31, 2013

easter bonnets (and fascinators)

I did it! I wore my big floppy hat to church for Easter - the only remaining acceptable hat day. And Jaina wore a headband with a bow so big it's basically a Duchess of Cambridge style fascinator.

We're some pretty snazzy ladies.

It was such a blessing to celebrate our Savior alongside our friends today. We raised the roof and nearly busted the seams of Hanover Middle School this morning! A combination of observing Lent for the first time (none of my alone tv watching), reading through the book of Luke, planning my own Passover Seder for the first time, and going through our church's super inspiring/convicting/exciting sermon series on worship really helped prepare my heart for Easter this year. I don't know about you, but I usually don't get that rush of excitement for Easter the way I do for Christmas. This year was very different, and it was such a joy. All I can say is:


Amen and hallelujah, am I right?


3 comments: