Tuesday, October 31, 2017

hallead family trick or treat '17

You guyyyyyyys! I officially have not blogged for a year. There are so many reasons for that. Our family is at a completely different place than we were 365 days ago. But I'm getting the itch again, and I'm ready to pick it back up.

For this year's family costume it was time to, "Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!"


Jaina was Ms. Frizzle, complete with crazy hair, Fiona was Liz the lizard, and Zach and I were.... the bus. ;)



"Bus, do your stuff!"

  Image via Scholastic

Jaina watched Magic School Bus all summer, and I was not mad about it. It really holds up, as far as kid shows go. Lily Tomlin as Ms. Frizzle is the best.

Image via Netflix

Image via Netflix

The reboot, The Magic School Bus Rides Again, is pretty cute too. Fun fact, the new Ms. Frizzle (former Ms., now Prof. Frizzle's little sister) is voiced by Kate McKinnon, and her name is Fiona Felicity Frizzle. Love it!

Here are a few outfit details. I always wanna go all out, but I did my best to keep it simple. And cheap! All I bought were Jaina's star dress, which she will definitely wear again, and four adult tshirts to make the bus shirts, Fiona's lizard top, and her tail. I had enough felt scraps, notions, and fiber-fill to put everything else together. All in, I only spent $20 for four outfits. Pretty good, especially since Jaina got a new dress out of it. 


Saturn belt


Liz horn barrettes


Liz tail using pattern from Andrea's Notebook



I put these bus tshirts together a couple episodes of Frasier. ;)


It got the job done for just some felt and a Sharpie.


Jaina was so excited to wear her star "earrings" and shoe clips.


I French braided her hair the night before after a bath, and it was perfect by the next evening. Just like the "The Friz". And check out Fiona's tail!



We love trick or treating with our friends, the Kipes. Our neighborhood is a bit creepy for little kids. Thankfully the weather stayed mild!


The whole gang!


Having a nice mug of hot chocolate while the toddlers roll around in sugar spasms.


That tail!

No matter how "grown up" I am, dressing up is still one of my favorite things. Thank goodness, my girls are still up for my ideas. One more Hallead Family Costume for the books!


1 comment: